Are you tired of the regular ketchup making your amazing food taste boring? This French sauce will make your dishes delectable with a smooth and silky texture and heavenly aroma.
The Red Robin Bistro sauce recipe complements a wide range of dishes made with meat, fast food, pasta, and much more. It takes a few minutes and some ingredients to make this bistro sauce. So why not try this sauce at home?
What is the Red Robin Bistro Sauce?
Red Robin Bistro Sauce is a very famous French culinary bistro sauce filled with a spicy and tangy taste and one great aroma. With just a few ingredients in the kitchen, Red Robin Bistro sauce can be your perfect dip, spread, or marinade.
The variety of ingredients added to this sauce balances the flavors perfectly. Being a versatile sauce, you can add or modify any element you want to give a unique taste.
Compared to many other sauces, Red Robin Bistro sauce is easy to make. In just five minutes, your sauce will be ready to be enjoyed with all your dishes. These are the ingredients that you need for making this sauce.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
- Crushed Red pepper flakes
- Basil- dried
- Tomato sauce or chopped dried tomatoes
- Two cloves of minced garlic
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dried Thyme
Red Robin Bistro Sauce Recipe: 5Steps
The quality and the quantity of the ingredients you add contribute a lot to the flavor of the bistro sauce you make. Follow these five easy steps to make your delicious Red Robin Bistro sauce.
Step 1: Add the Ingredients to a Food Processor
Add the tomatoes (sauce or chopped), vinegar, black pepper, dried basil, dried thyme, minced garlic, chives, mayonnaise, and red pepper to the food processor. Make sure you calculate the serving and spice level before adding the ingredients.
Step 2: Let it Blend
Let the processor blend the ingredients till they combine properly and are well chopped. The finely combined ingredients will give an even and balanced flavor.
Step 3: Transfer it
Once you’re sure that the sauce has blended to the desired texture, pour it into another clean container. Let the sauce sit for a while so that the flavors mix well.
Step 4: Serve and Enjoy
You can serve this sauce as a side to a variety of dishes. Not just pasta or chicken, you can serve this sauce with soup and vegetables. Marinade the chicken breast or juicy steak with bistro sauce to have a unique flavor.
Step 5: Store the Sauce for Future Uses
You can store Red Robin Bistro sauce for a maximum of two weeks. Then, pour the sauce into a tightly sealed container and keep it in a cool and dry place.
Do’s and Don’ts While Storing the Sauce
Red Robin Bistro sauce is one of the easiest sauces to make. But, though it’s a quick and efficient process, you should be careful to make it last two weeks. So, here are some pointers to remember while storing the sauce.
What Do You Need to Do?
- While storing the bistro sauce, the container should be kept in a dry and dark place.
- While using the sauce from the fridge, shake it well. It helps by mixing the sauce after a long period of sitting.
- Try using the sauce within two weeks. The flavors will start changing after two weeks. There are chances that it even might get spoiled.
- Add seasonings whenever necessary.
What Should You Not Do?
- Do not ever freeze Red Robin Bistro sauce. The flavors and consistency will completely change after freezing.
- Don’t microwave the sauce. If you don’t want a cold sauce, keep it outside beforehand to let it thaw.
- Adding water to the sauce for any reason is a big no! It might even spoil the sauce in some instances.
- If there is a leftover sauce, don’t refrigerate it continuously. It will change the flavor of the whole quantity of refrigerated sauce.
What Dishes Can You Enjoy with This Bistro Sauce?
The right question is, what dish won’t go well with Red Robin Bistro sauce? The sauce will complement every dish you make. Here are some of the best dishes that taste like heaven with the bistro sauce.
Try having your creamy bowl of pasta mixed with Red Robin Bistro Sauce. You’ll get hooked to it immediately.
Add a dollop of the sauce to boiled rice and serve it with vegetables or fish.
Preheat the oven to 365 ℉. Slice some Pita bread in a triangular shape and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle a little salt and a few drops of olive oil atop the bread. Bake till they turn crisp. Serve the pita chips with a generous amount of bistro sauce.
While serving the hamburger, instead of ketchup, serve this spicy-tangy sauce as filling. You can also use it as a side to the hamburgers.
#Grilled Chicken and Chicken Wings
Grilled chicken in itself is very juicy and filled with flavors. With Red Robin Bistro sauce, there will be a firework of flavor in your mouth. Just pour the desired quantity of sauce on top of the chicken wings or chicken breast and serve.
Pour a generous amount of the bistro sauce as a dressing on the salad. Apart from salads, you can serve the sauce with rice.
Grill some vegetables like onions, bell peppers, carrots, and beans. Serve with Red Robin Bistro sauce to make it a savory and healthy meal.
Soup is so flavorful with herbs and vegetables. You can add the bistro sauce to make it unique and to give it a dash of extra spice.
Tips to Add More Flavors to the Sauce
Some might like the mentioned ingredients, while others prefer adding other elements while making the sauce. Adding any particular component will enhance the flavor of the sauce. So here are some tips to make the flavors unique.
- Add a spoonful of honey and a little olive oil for a sweet flavor.
- No worries if you don’t have the herbs mentioned in the above ingredients! Since Red Robin Bistro sauce is very versatile, you can use the desired amount of oregano, cilantro, and other herbs in your kitchen.
- Use balsamic vinegar for mild flavor.
- If you feel the sauce lacks spice, add more red chili flakes or black pepper flakes.
- While serving with salad or grilled vegetables, mix it with olive oil and serve as dressing.
- Use the sauce as a marinade while making chicken or steak.
3 Variations of the Red Robin Bistro Sauce Recipe
Robin Red Bistro sauce has three variations of sauces. Just by adding a few different ingredients, you will have three new different sauces. You can use them as dips or spread or dressing for salads.
Roux is nothing but a mixture of tapioca starch and oil/ fat. You need to add the desired quantity of the ingredients and mix them well till the preferred consistency is reached.
Beurre Blanc is a French cuisine sauce. It’s an emulsified butter sauce with a reduction of vinegar, Muscadet wine, unsalted butter, and shallots. It tastes tangy and sweet.
Beurre Noisette is a classic French sauce. Also called brown butter, it has a nutty flavor. Just melt the butter in a pan till it reaches a hazelnut color. Add lime juice, pepper, and salt to serve with fish.
The Red Robin Bistro sauce recipe is loved and made by many each day. Since you’re using different ingredients by individual preference, the sauce might taste a wee bit different from the original sauce. Be it a laid-back Sunday brunch or family gathering, prepare this sauce and rock the day!