The Smoky Red Pepper Crema recipe will complement every dish that you make. So, try this recipe when you’re tired of the fries or nuggets tasting the same with ketchup. You can easily and quickly make this sauce in your kitchen.
Are you planning a laid-back evening with friends? Then, whip out this sauce and dazzle the day. Keep reading to know more about how to make the sauce.
What is Smoky Red Pepper Crema?
As the name suggests, this sauce’s primary ingredient is the bell pepper. It acts as a side, a spread, a dressing for salad, and a marinade.
The sauce has a subtle sweet and spicy flavor. However, the flavors are perfectly balanced because there are various ingredients. You require the right ingredients to make the sauce in your kitchen at ease.
How Much Time Will It Take to Make the Sauce?
The preparation time, including roasting and steaming the peppers, will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes. To make the sauce, you’ll need 25 to 30 minutes.
As a whole, making the red pepper crema sauce recipe will take around 40 minutes. If the quantity you’re making is large, it’ll take more time. The given recipe can serve 6 people.
Gather all the ingredients listed below to make the delicious sauce. As the sauce is versatile, like the Denny’s All American sauce recipe, you can always add different ingredients as per your preference.
- 2 red bell peppers
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of smoked red paprika
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- Vegetable broth
- A tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
Smoky Red Pepper Crema Recipe
Below is the easy step-by-step procedure on how to make Smoky Red Pepper Crema.
Step 1: Roast and Steam the Bell Peppers
Cut two red bell peppers into chunks along with minced garlic and roast them evenly in olive oil. Once you have roasted the bell peppers, steam them.
Step 2: Add the Heavy Cream
Peel out the skin of the bell peppers and cut them into tiny pieces. In a pan, add the heavy cream and steamed pepper garlic mixture.
Step 3: Boil the Mixture
Now, boil the contents in the pan in medium heat. You must keep stirring to avoid burning at the bottom of the pan.
Step 4: Remove from the Stove
Once the cream, garlic, and pepper are mixed well, stop boiling and remove the pan from the stove.
Step 5: Add Other Ingredients
Add red paprika, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, parsley, and vegetable broth. Whisk the ingredients together.
Step 6: Blend the Mixture
Once the sauce is cooled down, pour the mixture into a blender. Blend till they become smooth and creamy.
Step 7: Add Seasoning
You can add more parsley or pepper for additional seasoning.
Step 8: Serve or Store
Transfer the sauce into a clean and dry container and serve fresh. If you want to serve it later, you can store it in the fridge.
How to Make the Sauce in a Microwave Oven?
Follow the 6 easy steps below to make the cream sauce in the microwave.
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
First, preheat the microwave oven to 400℉.
Step 2: Roast the Peppers
Roast the bell pepper by placing them evenly on the tray. Then, flip them to the other side for proper roasting.
Step 3: Remove Their Outer Skin
Once the bell pepper is roasted, peel and remove its outer skin.
Step 4: Wash Thoroughly
Once you remove the skin, wash them properly to clean the remaining skin. Finally, cut the clean pepper into small pieces.
Step 5: Add Garlic and Other Ingredients
Add the minced garlic, pepper, and other ingredients to a container and let the mixture boil. Keep whisking the sauce to blend the flavors.
Step 6: Serve
Once the sauce is boiled well, remove it from the heat and serve hot.
Do’s and Don’ts While Storing the Sauce
Smoky Red Pepper Crema is one of the hassle-free sauces to make. But to make the sauce last long, you need to store it properly. Below are some precautions you need to take while storing the sauce.
What Do You Need to Do?
- Always keep the sauce in a clean air-tight container. It will prevent the sauce from getting dry.
- You can keep the sauce in the fridge for five days.
- Always thaw the sauce in the fridge if you’re storing it in the freezer.
- Store the cream sauce in a cool and dark place.
- You should frequently clean the bowls and containers used for storing the crema sauce.
What Should You Not Do?
- Do not freeze the same batch of sauce again after you use it.
- If you have unused cream sauce after five days, don’t use it. The flavors and textures would not be the same.
- Don’t heat the sauce. It will spoil the taste of the entire sauce.
- Don’t store the sauce in light and wet place.
What Can You Serve with Smoky Red Pepper Crema?
Various dishes go well with this recipe. This sauce pairs well with every dish as the flavors are varied and combined. Below are the best dishes you can serve with this crema sauce.
Serve the cream sauce with the chicken breast as a dip or spread the sauce over the chicken.
Pour a little crema sauce on your pasta and enjoy the creamy texture.
A juicy steak goes very well with this amazing sauce. Serve it as a dip or just spread the sauce over the meat.
What better dip can your pizza have than Smoky Red Pepper Crema sauce? Add your favorite topping and have a side of this sauce to enhance the flavors.
A dressing of the crema sauce on top will make the salad delicious, be it potato salad or chicken salad.
Tortilla chips taste heavenly if you dip them in the Smoky Red Pepper Crema sauce.
Add the sauce as a side while serving fish or any seafood.
Adding the crema sauce to the soup will make it creamier. The Crema also enhances the flavor of the soup.
#Tacos and Wraps
You can use the Red Pepper Crema sauce as a spread for tacos and wraps.
Tips to Render a Unique Taste to the Sauce
Below are the ingredients you can add to have different flavors for your sauce. It is versatile and can be altered according to your desire.
- You can add the other bell peppers like yellow and orange for a colorful look.
- When you collect the ingredients, try adding different fresh herbs and condiments. It might lead you to make one of the most delicious sauces you have ever made.
- You can add avocado to the mix for a healthier recipe.
- For extra smokey flavor, add another tablespoon of smoked red paprika.
- If you don’t like garlic, then add ginger. It will help with easier digestion too!
- If you don’t want to add paprika for extra smokiness, grill the bell peppers. They also add smokiness to the sauce.
- Use poblano pepper if you don’t want to use bell pepper.
- Add red Fresno chilies if you want a higher level of spice.
The delectable Smoky Red Pepper Crema sauce is a must-try at home. It is a great side and an appetizer.
However, carefully choose the herbs and other ingredients while preparing it. Adding your personal touches to the Smoky Red Pepper Crema recipe might make it taste slightly different from the standard sauce, but it’ll be delicious!